If you're thinking about installing a swimming pool, you're probably trying to decide whether concrete or fibreglass is the better option for you. Each type comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages, so make sure you take your personal lifestyle and needs into consideration before you make your final decision.
Option 1: Fibreglass pools for WA
- Fibreglass swimming pools are quick to install, low-maintenance, and aesthetically pleasing. They're also incredibly durable and perfect for both budget and luxurious installations.
- When you purchase a fibreglass swimming pool
, the bulk of the work is completed in a factory, so your Perth pool builder will only need access to your property for about a week to complete the installation.
- Barrier Reef Pools Perth invests a great deal of time into developing attractive, long-lasting pool finishes, so for a pool that has a lot more class than some cheaper alternatives, you can't look past a fibreglass shell.
- The smooth gel-coat surface of fibreglass pools makes controlling the growth of algae and bacteria easier. They also require very little long-term care, as when cared for properly, they won’t need resurfacing over the term of their life.
- A fibreglass swimming pool will also stay warmer for longer, requiring less heating.
- Made from durable materials, with appropriate warranties, your pool will stay looking like new for years to come.
- The main pitfall of a fibreglass swimming pool is limited shape and size options, as their design is pre-determined by the manufacturer. However, most suppliers, including Barrier Reef Pools, will have a variety of options available to suit your needs.
Option 2: Concrete pools for Perth
- Flexibility with the design and construction of your pool is the main advantage of a concrete swimming pool, however, the positives of a stylish concrete pool are aplenty.
- The design, including the size and shape of your pool can be customised to suit your specific site and lifestyle needs.
- Thanks to a range of product developments, concrete swimming pools are an aesthetically appealing option, and can be adjusted to suit the style of any outdoor area. With a host of finishes available, including pebbles, tiles, and glass surfaces, your design options are unlimited.
- Finally, by installing a concrete pool, you'll be investing in a strong, long-lasting design, which offers strength in terms of structural integrity.
- Despite the strength and visual appeal of a concrete swimming pool, they do take longer to build, with several months of onsite construction the norm. They're also generally more expensive, as they take longer to design and construct. Concrete surfaces are more porous, which means they absorb algae easier, so will require more maintenance, and more extensive long-term care is needed, because they may need to be resurfaced.
Trying to choose the right pool is a big decision. If you're looking for more information, or would like to speak to one of Perth's leading pool builders about your options, contact
Barrier Reef Pools today.
Visit one of Barrier Reef Pools display centres and talk to our friendly, expert staff and see how you can transform your backyard into something special.
Barrier Reef Pools Swimming Pool Display Centres
Joondalup Display Centre 24 Ascari Lane, Joondalup. Tel: (08) 9301 1300
O'Connor Display Centre 3/378 South Street, O’Connor. Tel: (08) 9314 1388
Mandurah Display Centre 24a Panton Road, Greenfields. Tel: (08) 9581 8611
See more Swimming Pools
from Barrier Reef Pools Perth.